• You cannot reply to this topic

Another series of techniques by me Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Dutch 

• Judo Forum Rokudan
  • Icon
  • Group: Special Members

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

View PostOldeEnglishD, on 19 December 2012 - 11:25 PM, said:

Listen, we all know the only way to properly learn a technique is to drill it in the backyard with a sibling. :)

I did enjoy the video, I thought you showed a solid series that was well thought out and easy to understand (even in a foreign tongue!).

Sorry mr Gracie, I dont think your technique is that good. I know youve been training since you were little, whats it been.. 40 years? But some guy on the internet told me its wrong.

Its not like this is the only way to do it, there are many attacks from the mount and the effectiveness depends on many different factors. But I believe this technique works for many people as it doesnt relie on any specific attribute. But on simple mechanical principles.
Bushi no nasake - the tenderness of a warrior

#17 User is offline   OldeEnglishD 

• Judo Forum Yonkyu
  • Icon
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

View PostDutch, on 19 December 2012 - 06:37 PM, said:

Sorry mr Gracie, I dont think your technique is that good. I know youve been training since you were little, whats it been.. 40 years? But some guy on the internet told me its wrong.

Its not like this is the only way to do it, there are many attacks from the mount and the effectiveness depends on many different factors. But I believe this technique works for many people as it doesnt relie on any specific attribute. But on simple mechanical principles.

I agree completely, just poking a little fun at WBW. I enjoy your videos as they remind me of my sensei and how he teaches techniques.
If you think, you are late. If you are late, you use strength. If you use strength, you tire. And if you tire, you die.

#18 User is offline   Dutch 

• Judo Forum Rokudan
  • Icon

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

View PostOldeEnglishD, on 20 December 2012 - 12:54 AM, said:

I agree completely, just poking a little fun at WBW. I enjoy your videos as they remind me of my sensei and how he teaches techniques.

Cool, is your sensei anyone I should know?

#19 User is offline   WBWAndering 

• Judo Forum Ikkyu
  • Icon

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

Dutch, you were just shown this for learning purposes. Your instructor knew long before you asked him that this is not the best execution style. However, I think it's very important that no one should get the idea that just because a form is shown with weak control
it should be done live the same way.

Loudenvier

I would like to see people trying to push the elbow with me on top in a high mount position... It would be nice to see someone succeeding on it.

I agree, it would be nice if people actually learned how to defend instead of just attack, attack, attack. It would easily make them twice as good.

Once you get the high mount and the elbows are not tucked you've got your whole body to prevent "uke" from using his elbows.

Loudenvier, do you think it's some kind of kata? In kata there is uke. Here, there is no uke. Therefore, the preferable escape depends on whatever you decide to do on top. There is one for every situation. Done without pressure, as Dutch is showing, there is not just one or two escapes, there are half a dozen.

Only if you don't apply pressure does it allow them to escape the way you said.

Dutch clearly is not applying any pressure in this video.

These techniques are perfectly doable at the highest level and you can find a few instances of Saulo Ribeiro doing just that.

Saulo Ribeiro happens to recommend low grapewine mount for mount control and maintenance. Besides, I have been doing what Dutch showed here, BUT WITH PRESSURE to a whole lot of people. Not all of them were incompetent.

Olde English

Listen, we all know the only way to properly learn a technique is to drill it in the backyard with a sibling. :)

I know that. Gracies will probably agree with you. So will the Machados. Weird, isn't it?

This post has been edited by WBWAndering: 20 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

#20 User is offline   Sylver 

• Judo Forum Nidan
  • Icon

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

View PostWBWAndering, on 20 December 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

... Besides, I have been doing what Dutch showed here, BUT WITH PRESSURE to a whole lot of people. Not all of them were incompetent.

And then you woke up, right?

:lol:

#21 User is offline   WBWAndering 

• Judo Forum Ikkyu
  • Icon

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

View PostSylver, on 20 December 2012 - 11:55 AM, said:

And then you woke up, right?

:lol:

Yes, you were still asleep though.

#22 User is offline   aiki_man 

• Judo Forum Sandan
  • Icon

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

I actually had to watch the clip again to check the "pressure", first or second thing Dutch shows in the clip is the part in wich the more confortable you are (he does that by showing that the hips must be seat and not raised from the beggining) the more unconfortable your partner is (by the way, uke is the one you use to exempliy techniques, or perform techniques on).

After that he uses the elbow to put pressure on the side of the neck, now being that that wasnt a real fight, but a show of techniques id say that only someone that doesnt know how to apply pressure wouldnt recognize it here.

I am sure you are used to doing things diferently wbw, but that doesnt mean that those that do it diferently than you (and eventually you admited you did things that way also, but "with pressure") are doing it wrong. I am afraid that this is just one more of those times that you show some lack of knowledge as to what grappling is, there is one diference though, this time you say you use the technique, if you do it anything like the video shows, you have at least something worthy in your arsenal.
Searched for seas of gold, how come its got so cold?

The demons in your mind will rape you in your bed at night

"Fight a man like he was a thousand, fight a thousand men as if they were one"

#23 User is offline   Dutch 

• Judo Forum Rokudan
  • Icon

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

No pressure in my techniques.. haha. Im not even argueing with that. Aiki man (blue belt with extended martial arts experience) and Loudenvier (black belt judo and brown belt BJJ, recieves teaching close to the source in both arts)got the right idea. Ill let people decide for themselves who they prefer to believe on this matter. The former mentioned men or the trolling white belt who practises techniques in the park with his brother.

#24 User is offline   WBWAndering 

• Judo Forum Ikkyu
  • Icon

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

You don't know jiujitsu is all I am saying. Don't take it personally, Dutchy.
The main way to apply pressure in jiujitsu is with the hips and the shoulders. You don't seem to know how to do that.

This post has been edited by WBWAndering: 21 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

#25 User is offline   aiki_man 

• Judo Forum Sandan
  • Icon

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

View PostWBWAndering, on 21 December 2012 - 11:29 PM, said:

You are probably trying tp get this thread closed as the previous onesm but rest assured, those who know how to read have read enough to have a pretty good feel on what you are and how you think bjj or grappling in general are. I havent rolled with Dutch, but i have seen him show techniques and i have also seen footage of him roll too, even if i dont compare it to what you posted, the level of skill he displays is very good, pruple belt, for sure! You? you post like a guy that knows what grappling is from watching youtube vids, you grappled 2 years ago like i grappled with 2 weeks of experience (pretty bad is what i mean) and most times you name drop, but you are totally in the dark about body mechanics and basic posture issues, you see someone post a gimmick position somewere and that's how a technique should, could would be done in your mind. Most people here started by correcting stuff in your vids, then giving advice and finally are either ignoring you or plain simply mocking you. You have an oportunity to grow here, you can keep acting like the teenage boy you are or realize that most here are trying to help you, even when you are being a total douche to mostly everyone.

#26 User is offline   WBWAndering 

• Judo Forum Ikkyu
  • Icon

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

Aiki-man, you suffer from the I'm-a-cool-blue-belt-so-I-can-fly syndrome. As a blue belt all you is crawl around the mat and hug and roll with other guys, which does constitute the essense of grappling, but you are not even good at it.
I'm quite open to advice regarding tachiwaza, it's newaza advice coming from I-can-fly blue belts or instructional videos done without pressure that I can't stand precisely because they don't help me. I pointed out EXACTLY what is wrong with the vid and you should read my posts again if you did not get it. Dutch doesn't even detail how he got to high mount, he must think he woke up there. Anyway, I just got back from no-gi jiujitsu class and I am tired so this is all.

#27 User is offline   Dutch 

• Judo Forum Rokudan
  • Icon

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:46 AM

View PostWBWAndering, on 21 December 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

The main way to apply pressure in jiujitsu is with the hips and the shoulders. You don't seem to know how to do that.

How can I not take this personally. Go post your bull crap somewhere else. Or better yet, get your behind into a gym and train asap.

#28 User is offline   aiki_man 

• Judo Forum Sandan
  • Icon

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

You make it sound like its something about colours and not knowledge or in some cases just plain commun sense, something you try to make it sound you lack, or worst case scenario, you trully lack.

In any class you go, ANY CLASS! Instructors divide the class into diferent drills, sometimes not even related to each other, most times into a logic sequence (let me help you here: starting on guard, sweeping, then working top position for instance). There would have to be like 6, 7 hour classes if anytime someone wanted to show a kimura from the 100kg position, it had to start standing then throw, then pass or estabilize imediatly from the throw, then isolate the arm, then work the kimura, that is just describing the one applying the kimura... not the one that would be trying to defend it. So people usually tend to split these steps and show one at a time.

You also contradict yourself ALOT! First Dutch isnt doing proper technique because he had to grapevine a leg, then you do this technique alot this way only with pressure... the first thing shown on the video is Dutch using his hips to put pressure on his uke, thats right UKE!

But you need not worry, i have a 4 year old son and a 2 year old so i am used to deal with this type of acting out. I would just apreciate it that if you have any more doubts about training and the like you would create a new topic or ask them in private so you dont mess with interesting threads.

I am still curious about one thing though, because you tend not to awnser to a few things here and there, if you have the time please tell me this:

Which bjj, grappler top player you know that isnt affiliated with a team and does his training sporadicly here and there?

Have you spent more than 6 months training at one place, with one instructor?

Are judo black belts and bjj brown belts as incompetent as blue belts to give you hints on your newaza?

Glad you survived the end of the world! Cheers

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic