• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Another series of techniques by me Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Dutch 

• Judo Forum Rokudan
  • Icon
  • Group: Special Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

This was a request for a friend, but I thought I´d share it with you. Its an attack sequence from the mount. The language is in Dutch, but Im sure most of you can understand this.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ExasOaC92f4

Maybe some1 can embed this video, I cant get it done :(
Bushi no nasake - the tenderness of a warrior

#2 User is offline   Ben Reinhardt 

• Judo Forum Godan
  • Icon

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

Nice, thanks for sharing, once again!

This post has been edited by Ben Reinhardt: 13 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

#3 User is offline   Dutch 

• Judo Forum Rokudan
  • Icon

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

No problem. Its my favourite attack from mount. I showed it like this because my friend is quite skilled and I oould skip a lot of details on how to apply the ude garami properly for instance.

#4 User is offline   Tafftaz 

• Judo Forum Yondan
  • Icon

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

Nice work again Dutch. I am going to try to adapt this when in half guard If you don't mind:)

#5 User is offline   Ben Reinhardt 

• Judo Forum Godan
  • Icon

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

View PostDutch, on 13 December 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

<br />No problem. Its my favourite attack from mount. I showed it like this because my friend is quite skilled and I oould skip a lot of details on how to apply the ude garami properly for instance.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Yeah, I thought it was more about the sequence than exactly how-do Ude Garami, Juji Gatame, or Hadaka Jime.

#6 User is offline   Dutch 

• Judo Forum Rokudan
  • Icon

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

View PostTafftaz, on 13 December 2012 - 10:38 PM, said:

Nice work again Dutch. I am going to try to adapt this when in half guard If you don't mind:)

I only know this because some1 else showed me. So go ahead, Im curious about what you made of it.

#7 User is offline   Dutch 

• Judo Forum Rokudan
  • Icon

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

View PostBen Reinhardt, on 13 December 2012 - 10:51 PM, said:

<br /><br /><br />

Yeah, I thought it was more about the sequence than exactly how-do Ude Garami, Juji Gatame, or Hadaka Jime.

Exactly!

#8 User is offline   aiki_man 

• Judo Forum Sandan
  • Icon

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

I liked it, basic technique (the kind that works all the time!) adn you showed all the details, the "sitting" down on the chest, grabbing the wrists without using the thumb, the techical mount in case of defense and the finishes, not a lot of info to take in at the same time so easier to digest, i liked it!
Searched for seas of gold, how come its got so cold?

The demons in your mind will rape you in your bed at night

"Fight a man like he was a thousand, fight a thousand men as if they were one"

#9 User is offline   Tafftaz 

• Judo Forum Yondan
  • Icon

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

View PostDutch, on 13 December 2012 - 11:10 PM, said:

I only know this because some1 else showed me. So go ahead, Im curious about what you made of it.

I have been working on a lot of similar attacks when in someone's half guard. Trying to keep a more judo feel to the techniques. What I mean by this is that if I was in mount in a judo shiai I would hold the pin unless otherwise threatened by imminent escape,wherein I would then try to transition to another pin/shime/armlock.
What I liked about your video, and it is something that I have never even thought of in all my years in judo, is the simple act of pushing uke's arm down with two hands.I have always tried to keep control with one hand while using my one free hand to try to control uke's arm down to the mat. So simple and effective that with modification I believe it would work when in half guard.
I will let you know how I get on.

#10 User is offline   Dutch 

• Judo Forum Rokudan
  • Icon

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

View Postaiki_man, on 13 December 2012 - 11:57 PM, said:

I liked it, basic technique (the kind that works all the time!) adn you showed all the details, the "sitting" down on the chest, grabbing the wrists without using the thumb, the techical mount in case of defense and the finishes, not a lot of info to take in at the same time so easier to digest, i liked it!

Glad you liked it. Basic technique is what I love most. Success in jiu jitsu is in the details imo, so if you can do the details right without thinking about it, youre golden.

#11 User is offline   WBWAndering 

• Judo Forum Ikkyu
  • Icon

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:28 AM

This is not the way to do the paintbrush. Paintbrush should start from low mount with opposite leg grapevining and continue to high mount if necessary (which it isn't, usually). The position you show (high mount) should be transitioned into with hip and shoulder pressure. The sequence is doable if the guy on bottom for some reason decides to grab his own arm. Except only early intermediate guys try that defense. Anyone more advanced would just push the elbow, bridge and roll or do any of the waist hugging escapes. For learning purposes, it's ok.

#12 User is offline   loudenvier 

• Judo Forum Godan
  • Icon

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:54 AM

View PostWBWAndering, on 19 December 2012 - 05:28 AM, said:

This is not the way to do the paintbrush. Paintbrush should start from low mount with opposite leg grapevining and continue to high mount if necessary (which it isn't, usually). The position you show (high mount) should be transitioned into with hip and shoulder pressure. The sequence is doable if the guy on bottom for some reason decides to grab his own arm. Except only early intermediate guys try that defense. Anyone more advanced would just push the elbow, bridge and roll or do any of the waist hugging escapes. For learning purposes, it's ok.

I would like to see people trying to push the elbow with me on top in a high mount position... It would be nice to see someone succeeding on it. Once you get the high mount and the elbows are not tucked you've got your whole body to prevent "uke" from using his elbows. Only if you don't apply pressure does it allow them to escape the way you said. These techniques are perfectly doable at the highest level and you can find a few instances of Saulo Ribeiro doing just that. Of course, the Americana IS NOT the technique in question here, it is only the starting point. The back taking is specially nice, because it can be used from countless other situations that share similarities with this.
My professional portfolio
feliperochamachado.com.br

My technical blog
insomniae cōdex

#13 User is offline   aiki_man 

• Judo Forum Sandan
  • Icon

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

View PostWBWAndering, on 19 December 2012 - 08:28 AM, said:

Low mount is usually easier to escape for a number of reasons, especially through the elbow escape, also grapevining a leg means you have a low posture on that side and you be reversed to that side unless you have an arm or hand on the ground on the side of the grapevining leg. Pushing the elbow on someone doing CORRECT high mount would lead to an armbar counter or, if you bridge and roll like you say, getting the back taken, hooks sunk in, not a good plan...

This position is very effective and not as easy to counter as it may seem, if done correctly, as shown.
Searched for seas of gold, how come its got so cold?

The demons in your mind will rape you in your bed at night

"Fight a man like he was a thousand, fight a thousand men as if they were one"

#14 User is offline   Dutch 

• Judo Forum Rokudan
  • Icon

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

View PostWBWAndering, on 19 December 2012 - 07:28 AM, said:

So I guess I should send this to Robin Gracie, the guy that showed it to me?

#15 User is offline   OldeEnglishD 

• Judo Forum Yonkyu
  • Icon
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

View PostDutch, on 19 December 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

So I guess I should send this to Robin Gracie, the guy that showed it to me?

Listen, we all know the only way to properly learn a technique is to drill it in the backyard with a sibling. :)

I did enjoy the video, I thought you showed a solid series that was well thought out and easy to understand (even in a foreign tongue!).
If you think, you are late. If you are late, you use strength. If you use strength, you tire. And if you tire, you die.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic