JudoForum.com: Who from the US has qualified for the Olympics? - JudoForum.com

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Who from the US has qualified for the Olympics? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ministerofpain 

  • Judo Forum Gokyu
  • Icon
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 84
  • Joined: 23-October 08

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:20 AM

Title says it, who has qualified? I'm aware of the Delpopolo/Eldred situation and I'm assuming Stevens, Malloy, Vashkulat, and Harrison are all qualified. Are there any others? Bolen, Larson?
0

#2 User is offline   Cichorei Kano 

  • Judo Forum Hachidan
  • Icon
  • Group: Special Members
  • Posts: 19,252
  • Joined: 29-January 06

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:45 AM

View Postministerofpain, on 06 May 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

Title says it, who has qualified? I'm aware of the Delpopolo/Eldred situation and I'm assuming Stevens, Malloy, Vashkulat, and Harrison are all qualified. Are there any others? Bolen, Larson?


78 US Athletes have qualified at the latest published update (April 18):

http://www.teamusa.o...292E322AC7.ashx

<_<
"The world is a republic of mediocrities, and always was." (Thomas Carlyle)
"Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
"Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)
"I am never wrong. Once I thought I was, and that was a mistake."
0

#3 User is offline   Shibuya 

  • Judo Forum Ikkyu
  • Icon
  • Group: Special Members
  • Posts: 463
  • Joined: 29-November 06

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:47 AM

View Postministerofpain, on 06 May 2012 - 01:20 AM, said:

Title says it, who has qualified? I'm aware of the Delpopolo/Eldred situation and I'm assuming Stevens, Malloy, Vashkulat, and Harrison are all qualified. Are there any others? Bolen, Larson?


The IJF website has a list of the judo athletes that have directly qualified on a provisional basis. The final list is due out on May 10th. IJF Website

Based upon the listing, Stevens, Malloy, Harrison, Eldred, and Delpopolo have directly qualified. I didn't see Vashkulat, Bolen or Larson on the list. Vashkulat may have qualified based upon the continental quota. Vashkulat has 320 points versus Katie Sell at 306. The listing for those athletes that have qualified through the continental quota will be released provisionally in a few days according to the IJF website.

This post has been edited by Shibuya: 06 May 2012 - 06:14 AM

0

#4 User is offline   judoratt 

  • Judo Forum Sandan
  • Icon
  • Group: Special Members
  • Posts: 1,706
  • Joined: 30-May 09

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:00 AM

View PostShibuya, on 05 May 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

The IJF website has a list of the judo athletes that have directly qualified on a provisional basis. The final list is due out on May 10th. IJF Website

Based upon the listing, Stevens, Malloy, Harrison, Eldred, and Delpopolo have directly qualified. I didn't see Vashkulat, Bolen or Larson on the list. Vashkulat may have qualified based upon the continental quota. Vashkulat has 320 points versus Katie Sell at 306. The listing for those athletes that have qualified through the continental quota will be released provisionally in a few days according to the IJF website.



Shibyua,
Believe you are correct. Vashkulat needed a good showing at Pan Am's to have a chance to Qualify directly if he had then Katie would had a chance, i believe you are correct that he should get the continental slot.

BTW anyone notice that two of the four that qualified athletes came from Washington state? And oh yea if Eldred qualifies he is from Idaho. Could it be that 75% of the Olympic team comes from the North West? Must be something in the watter.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
e

This post has been edited by judoratt: 07 May 2012 - 04:01 AM

0

#5 User is offline   Judoheidi 

  • Judo Forum Godan
  • Icon
  • Group: Special Members
  • Posts: 3,289
  • Joined: 03-December 03

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

Per the IJF:
Marti
Kayla
Travis
Nick or Mike
Kyle

http://217.79.182.22...alification.php
Live every day like you are dying of a contagious disease that turns people into zombies when you bite them.

www.denverjudo.com
0

#6 User is offline   JudoDad 

  • Armchair Judoka ;-)
  • Icon
  • Group: Special Members
  • Posts: 2,390
  • Joined: 29-October 03

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

View PostJudoheidi, on 09 May 2012 - 09:47 AM, said:

Per the IJF:
Marti
Kayla
Travis
Nick or Mike
Kyle

http://217.79.182.22...alification.php


The Olympic Qualification system subjects the athletes to a grueling competition schedule.

Of that list, I know Marti, Kayla, and Travis are/were injured, requiring them to stop training/competing for a time.
Courage.
Is not the absence of fear,
but acting,
despite the fear.
0

#7 User is offline   JoshuaResnick 

  • Its Okay. My wife thinks I am a fool too.
  • Icon
  • Group: Special Members
  • Posts: 3,791
  • Joined: 09-January 05

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

Injuries have always happened. Nothing big there. Pedro missed the 97 worlds due to a knee injury and that is part of what led to the horrific decision to do away with a legitimate 2000 Olympic Trials.

So, it is harder to qualify for the Olympics... good! It is way, way easier to qualify for the Worlds now... Top 2 and every year???? HA! Even I would have made a world team several times by today's standards-- and I was never that good.
"When life backs you onto the ropes, remember Ali and the Rope-A-Dope." -joshua resnick
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked