• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ohh... right! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   7thCuil 

• Judo Forum Nikyu
  • Icon
  • Group: Special Members

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:56 AM

Those 'ah-ha' moments when something suddenly seems to make just a little more sense. :big grin:

This post has been edited by Lystra: 01 May 2012 - 11:54 AM

"If I could get a grip on reality, I'd strangle it."

"Haecceity hek-see'i-tee, n (Latin, from haec, this) - The aspect of existence on which individuality depends; the hereness and nowness of reality. First coined by the philosopher Duns Scotus, haecceity is that sense one gets of being in the present tense, the pure experience of a single moment in time. No other word has such subtle connotations. In addition, it sounds and looks very interesting." From http://phrontistery.info .

"Jimmy was a chemist, now Jimmy is no more. For what he thought was H2O, was H2SO4."

"Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur."

#2 User is offline   genetic judoka 

• Honorary Forum Woohooshidan
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:35 PM

View PostLystra, on 01 May 2012 - 04:56 AM, said:

Those 'ah-ha' moments when something suddenly seems to make just a little more sense. :big grin:

totally that moment when I read this thread which makes no sense. I expected a lot more smileys.
"Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others." -H. Jackson Brown Jr.

"Wise men don't need to prove their point. Men who need to prove their point aren't wise" -Lao Tzu

"When torrential waters move a massive boulder, it is because of momentum.
When a hawk’s strike breaks the body of its prey, it is because of timing." -Sun Tzu

"The Way of strategy is the Way of nature. When you appreciate the power of nature, knowing the rhythm of any situation,
you will be able to hit the enemy naturally and strike naturally. All this is the Way of the Void." -Miyamoto Musashi

#3 User is offline   ThePieman 

• Judo Forum Sandan
  • Icon

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:18 PM

View PostLystra, on 01 May 2012 - 10:56 AM, said:

Honestly Lys, things just seem that way after a drink, put the beer away and get back to your judo.

I knew this would happen after you met Steve.....:rolleyes2:

http://judo.forumsmotion.com/

"It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer"
Albert Einstein."jinsei no koro wa tada itsu aru nomi" Jigoro Kano"You wanna roll? Posted Image" WBWAndering

#4 User is offline   7thCuil 

• Judo Forum Nikyu
  • Icon

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:12 AM

No alcohol involved, of that I can assure you. -_- Steve would be horrified.

In hindsight, I suppose this topic is a little open ended... ah well. :big grin: I would elaborate but I have things I really
should do before Judo which is on again tonight since the holidays are finally over. :glass)

All the best!

This post has been edited by Lystra: 02 May 2012 - 05:27 AM

"If I could get a grip on reality, I'd strangle it."

"Haecceity hek-see'i-tee, n (Latin, from haec, this) - The aspect of existence on which individuality depends; the hereness and nowness of reality. First coined by the philosopher Duns Scotus, haecceity is that sense one gets of being in the present tense, the pure experience of a single moment in time. No other word has such subtle connotations. In addition, it sounds and looks very interesting." From http://phrontistery.info .

"Jimmy was a chemist, now Jimmy is no more. For what he thought was H2O, was H2SO4."

"Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur."

#5 User is offline   genetic judoka 

• Honorary Forum Woohooshidan
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:41 AM

surely you realize that if you don't tell us what this is about, we'll have to make up a story for you.
"Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others." -H. Jackson Brown Jr.

"Wise men don't need to prove their point. Men who need to prove their point aren't wise" -Lao Tzu

"When torrential waters move a massive boulder, it is because of momentum.
When a hawk’s strike breaks the body of its prey, it is because of timing." -Sun Tzu

"The Way of strategy is the Way of nature. When you appreciate the power of nature, knowing the rhythm of any situation,
you will be able to hit the enemy naturally and strike naturally. All this is the Way of the Void." -Miyamoto Musashi

#6 User is offline   ThePieman 

• Judo Forum Sandan
  • Icon

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:11 AM

View Postgenetic judoka, on 02 May 2012 - 06:41 AM, said:

surely you realize that if you don't tell us what this is about, we'll have to make up a story for you.

Maybe you have realised that you are a V and you now know that your inner yearning to destroy human kind makes sense after all?

http://judo.forumsmotion.com/

"It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer"
Albert Einstein."jinsei no koro wa tada itsu aru nomi" Jigoro Kano"You wanna roll? Posted Image" WBWAndering

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic