JudoForum.com: meanwhile in The Netherlands - JudoForum.com

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

meanwhile in The Netherlands apparently it's not the best place to rob pubs Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   genetic judoka 

• Honorary Forum Woohooshidan
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:42 AM

I'm putting this in the self defense section because it seemed like a more logical place than the misc section.
"Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others." -H. Jackson Brown Jr.

"Wise men don't need to prove their point. Men who need to prove their point aren't wise" -Lao Tzu

"When torrential waters move a massive boulder, it is because of momentum.
When a hawk’s strike breaks the body of its prey, it is because of timing." -Sun Tzu

"The Way of strategy is the Way of nature. When you appreciate the power of nature, knowing the rhythm of any situation,
you will be able to hit the enemy naturally and strike naturally. All this is the Way of the Void." -Miyamoto Musashi

#2 User is offline   judogido 

• Aussie Bloke
  • Icon
  • Group: Special Members

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:58 AM

LOL. The roibber must really have had his ego bruised. Even WITH a gun everyone was not impressed.

#3 User is offline   7thCuil 

• Judo Forum Nikyu
  • Icon

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:03 AM

You have to be at least a little impressed with those guys. Also, I see why you posted it here.
No one got robbed, no one got hurt, the guy got caught and it discourages both him and others from trying
the same thing. Admittedly it doesn't always work out that well, but this has to be an example
of self defence at it's very best.

:big grin:

Lyss

This post has been edited by Lystra: 21 February 2012 - 08:11 AM

"If I could get a grip on reality, I'd strangle it."

"Haecceity hek-see'i-tee, n (Latin, from haec, this) - The aspect of existence on which individuality depends; the hereness and nowness of reality. First coined by the philosopher Duns Scotus, haecceity is that sense one gets of being in the present tense, the pure experience of a single moment in time. No other word has such subtle connotations. In addition, it sounds and looks very interesting." From http://phrontistery.info .

"Jimmy was a chemist, now Jimmy is no more. For what he thought was H2O, was H2SO4."

"Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur."

#4 User is offline   Mitesco 

• Judo Forum Godan
  • Icon
  • View blog

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:24 AM

And I was hoping that Mark Huizinga was in the pub or so doing some waza. <_<

Nice story btw, sometimes us Dutchies are *cough cough* like cool heroes! :rolleyes:

#5 User is offline   billc 

• Judo Forum Yondan
  • Icon

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

Must be the same guy who stole all those extra vowels from the Balkans and took them to the Netherlands in the first place.

#6 User is offline   genetic judoka 

• Icon

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:01 PM

I see your gun, and raise you about 20 wrought iron nutsacks. clearly the gun loses.
"Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others." -H. Jackson Brown Jr.

"Wise men don't need to prove their point. Men who need to prove their point aren't wise" -Lao Tzu

When a hawk’s strike breaks the body of its prey, it is because of timing." -Sun Tzu

"The Way of strategy is the Way of nature. When you appreciate the power of nature, knowing the rhythm of any situation,
you will be able to hit the enemy naturally and strike naturally. All this is the Way of the Void." -Miyamoto Musashi

#7 User is offline   Dutch 

• Judo Forum Rokudan
  • Icon

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:44 AM

lol. Well it takes a lot to actually shoot a person. If you threaten to do something, you have to be able to execute what you are threatening with. If this guy was a little bit more crazy or doped up, things might have been way different. Im glad it ended this way of course.
Bushi no nasake - the tenderness of a warrior

#8 User is offline   Jacob3 

• Judo Forum Shodan
  • Icon

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:42 AM

Does anyone really accept this for real? I cannot imagine it to be...
I think it is set up

#9 User is offline   genetic judoka 

• Icon

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:03 PM

View PostJacob3, on 22 February 2012 - 05:42 AM, said:

Does anyone really accept this for real? I cannot imagine it to be...
I think it is set up

since you and this video share a common country of origin, I imagine fact checking this would be far easier for you than for me.

#10 User is offline   Jacob3 

• Judo Forum Shodan
  • Icon

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

I did ofcourse. I found out that it is mentioned on several newsitems. And although it has not been confirmed anywhere yet, I am by far not the only one who doubts its authenticity...

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic