JudoForum.com: 25th Kendal Winter Training Camp - JudoForum.com

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

25th Kendal Winter Training Camp The first official training camp for the GBR Olympic squad Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Judo Player 

• Judo Forum Yonkyu
  • Icon
  • Group: Special Members

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:12 AM

Did anybody else go to this? The quality of the randori was amazing and I don't think I have ever seen Judo players pushed as hard as the olympic team were!

#2 User is offline   Kit... 

• Judo Forum Nidan
  • Icon

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:21 AM

View PostJudo Player, on 01 January 2012 - 06:12 AM, said:

Did anybody else go to this? The quality of the randori was amazing and I don't think I have ever seen Judo players pushed as hard as the olympic team were!

Wasn't there myself but know some who were there and they really enjoyed it.
"Pain is temporary; quitting is forever" - L. Armstrong

#3 User is offline   Jonesy 

• Judo Forum Godan
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:09 AM

View PostJudo Player, on 01 January 2012 - 06:12 AM, said:

What was amazing about the randori? Was it open and flowing with everyone attacking with abandon without fear of being thrown, or was it just like dojo shiai?
Dr Llyr C Jones

#4 User is offline   Judo Player 

• Judo Forum Yonkyu
  • Icon

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:53 PM

View PostJonesy, on 01 January 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

What was amazing about the randori? Was it open and flowing with everyone attacking with abandon without fear of being thrown, or was it just like dojo shiai?

The randori consisted of 3 groups. 1st group was under 70kilos, 2nd was over 70kilos and third group was Olympic team. The randori went Group 1, Olympic team, group 2, Olympic team, Group 1, Olympic team, Group 2, Olympic team and so on. Therefore you could be on 2 fights in a row if you were lucky enough to get a fight against a member of the Olympic squad. Ben Fletcher looked particularly on form as did Peter Cousins (who was there but is not in the Olympic team, I think he is hoping to be drafted in)All players looked to be doing good flowing Judo besides a couple of players who had a few clashes (e.g. Matt Clempner & Tasty and Pat Dawson and Shinkin)

At one point I didnt know which to watch, there was Euan and Reed fighting, then Cousins and Austin, then Purssey and Burns, then Oates and Burns. The quality of player was amazing! They are all training very very hard!

Daniel Lascau proved to be his worth as he was very motivational and after speaking to him for some time I could tell he is very focused on producing a medal from these games! He said at the start of the camp 'one of you will medal in London, I need this, you need this, we all need this!'

#5 User is offline   hohum 

• Judo Forum Gokyu
  • Icon
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:36 PM

View PostJudo Player, on 01 January 2012 - 12:53 PM, said:

The randori consisted of 3 groups. 1st group was under 70kilos, 2nd was over 70kilos and third group was Olympic team. The randori went Group 1, Olympic team, group 2, Olympic team, Group 1, Olympic team, Group 2, Olympic team and so on. Therefore you could be on 2 fights in a row if you were lucky enough to get a fight against a member of the Olympic squad. Ben Fletcher looked particularly on form as did Peter Cousins (who was there but is not in the Olympic team, I think he is hoping to be drafted in)All players looked to be doing good flowing Judo besides a couple of players who had a few clashes (e.g. Matt Clempner & Tasty and Pat Dawson and Shinkin)

At one point I didnt know which to watch, there was Euan and Reed fighting, then Cousins and Austin, then Purssey and Burns, then Oates and Burns. The quality of player was amazing! They are all training very very hard!

Daniel Lascau proved to be his worth as he was very motivational and after speaking to him for some time I could tell he is very focused on producing a medal from these games! He said at the start of the camp 'one of you will medal in London, I need this, you need this, we all need this!'

#6 User is offline   hohum 

• Judo Forum Gokyu
  • Icon
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:37 PM

Any comments on the women - wasn't there but interested.

#7 User is offline   Judo Player 

• Judo Forum Yonkyu
  • Icon

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:02 PM

View Posthohum, on 01 January 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

Any comments on the women - wasn't there but interested.

I guess the quality of women there was good if by good you mean all the top ranked women. I didn't really watch much of it to be honest.

#8 User is offline   Judofan2 

• Judo Forum Ikkyu
  • Icon

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:45 AM

Dan says "one of you will win a medal ...."

I think we left a few words out ...

"on the first day. Then one of you will win a medal on the next day ..."

:big grin: :big grin: :big grin:

#9 User is offline   TJC 

• Judo Forum Ikkyu
  • Icon

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:52 AM

View PostJudo Player, on 01 January 2012 - 04:02 PM, said:

I guess the quality of women there was good if by good you mean all the top ranked women. I didn't really watch much of it to be honest.

Were you there training or just watching? How come you didn't watch much of the women training?
You have enemies? ......good, that means at some stage you stood up for something you believe in....

#10 User is offline   Judo Player 

• Judo Forum Yonkyu
  • Icon

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:42 PM

View PostTJC, on 03 January 2012 - 08:52 AM, said:

Were you there training or just watching? How come you didn't watch much of the women training?

Training. I was on the mat fighting most of the time and as a male player you dont tend to pay much attention to what the women players are doing as you cant really fight them.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked