• You cannot reply to this topic

MCL tears Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   RagingDemon 

• Judo Forum Ikkyu
  • Icon
  • Group: Special Members

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:10 AM

View Postjudoratt, on 17 November 2011 - 05:21 PM, said:

RD I have seen all of them 1 2 3 and total rebuilds. One of my players had three rebuilds, the last was 8 weeks before the 2000 Sydney Olympics in witch she fought. Right now I have a 48kg girl in Japan recovering from MCL reconstruction. Looks like you have done a prety good job diagnosising your injury sounds like a grade 1 maybe grade2. It also looks like you have done a good job of answering your questions of what to do. With the medical situation sounds like your doctor is little or no help. It is just going to take some time to recover and rehab. Good luck and keep us posted. Last but not least this is free advice and is worth just that.

THank you sir. I will.

#17 User is offline   Allen 

• Judo Forum Ikkyu
  • Icon
  • View blog

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:48 PM

View PostCHH, on 17 November 2011 - 05:00 PM, said:

Cept the ACL rupture, which will never heal it's self. But an ACL rupture is also accompanied by searing pain and a loud popping noise. Everything else, you just rub dirt on it, it'll be fine.

I remember the popping sound/feel and there was a flash of pain but it went away pretty quickly.
Juu-dan or Death

#18 User is offline   footsweep 

• Judo Forum Nikyu
  • Icon

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:45 AM

Same here. I had an MCL tear. The pop itself didn't hurt that much. Bending the knee during rehab hurt. I couldn't do a seiza for 2 months. 3 months after the pop, I felt like I was back where I was. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

#19 User is offline   tjkz22 

• Group: Full Members

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:02 AM

I have had several MCL accidents, Two grade Two, and 2 grade 3 holes associated with my personal correct MCL. My first injuries would be a quality three which didn't recover correctly because of poor administration by my Operating system. He experienced me within an immobilizer with regard to 3 weeks then 2 months associated with physical rehabilitation. I had my Second tear (quality Two) a few months later also it had been handled very similarly.

My personal Third tear (quality Three) had been handled completely different and I were built with a great result. My Operating system (various 1) put me personally in an unloader support immediately and I then started rehabilitation the next day. I seemed to be put on a program of bicycling, a few days I would end up being 1 the bicycle to have an hr. Biking can significantly improve recovery by properly stressing the combined. I could return to soccer in About six weeks following that injury. Amazingly this process additionally caused my personal ligament in order to significantly tighten up through my other prior injuries.

My personal most recent tear was in sept, though this injuries We retore my ACL graft, and partly took my PCL. The MCL cured good, it simply required lengthier since we'd to protect my joint due to the severe lack of stability I was experiancing.

Using the sports athletes Sometimes with, I do not recommend using immobilizers unless of course there are more injuries. Straight MCL holes react greatest along with unloader braces. This brace opens up the inside combined allowing for the tension to apply a minimal load extend to the tendon which results in much better healing. Rehab shouild begin as soon as possible. As I mentioned bicycling is very important since it also applies controlled tension which could create a tighter tendon. Our group doctor will allow us in order to usually return quality Two tears in 4-5 weeks.

#20 User is offline   RagingDemon 

• Judo Forum Ikkyu
  • Icon

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:12 AM

View Postfootsweep, on 29 November 2011 - 06:45 PM, said:

Same here. I had an MCL tear. The pop itself didn't hurt that much. Bending the knee during rehab hurt. I couldn't do a seiza for 2 months. 3 months after the pop, I felt like I was back where I was. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Yeah I can't shoot in or do a deep lunge yet. I am on week 5 tomorrow. The knee is just about done draining from all the extra fluid. I can kneel down slowly but can't grapple from my knees. Also I can't cut angles yet but I can jump on and off my weight bench, box a little and jog.

#21 User is offline   JoshuaResnick 

• Its Okay. My wife thinks I am a fool too.
  • Icon

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:40 PM

i have been without an MCL on my right knee since about 2002. when it first happened it was very difficult to rehab and adjust my movement to. when you are training full bore all of the time then the injury is very bothersome. most surgeons do not want to repair just the MCL. the only singular ligament they want to fix is the ACL. Thus, i had no surgery to fix it and simply had to give my body the natural time it needed to learn how to adjust the manner in which i plant my foot and move.

still today when i lay down to sleep on my right side i place my left foot under my right foot to keep my knee from "opening" and you do not really see me using a right sided stance much, but as i am a lefty this has not been a horrible issue. now, i am feeling the wear and tear on my miniscus so eventually i will need something done to replace the MCL and clean up the miniscus too.

all you can do is rehab the hell out of the knee. get use to the pain and learn to move in a way that does not force your knee to open towards the inside. if it is your lead leg i cannot imagine how you would do this. if the same injury was on my lead left leg i would have been screwed for good.
"When life backs you onto the ropes, remember Ali and the Rope-A-Dope." -joshua resnick

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic