• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fukuda championships 2011 any info out there yet? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Taigyo 

• Judo Forum Godan
  • Icon
  • Group: Special Members

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:39 PM

Is there any info out on the Fukuda kata tournament yet?
I know it is going to be OCT 15 at city college of San Francisco, but a bit more info would be nice.

#2 User is offline   heikojr 

• KROM
  • Icon

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:59 PM

View PostTaigyo, on 25 June 2011 - 12:39 PM, said:

Is there any info out on the Fukuda kata tournament yet?
I know it is going to be OCT 15 at city college of San Francisco, but a bit more info would be nice.

Taigyo,

how do you know it will be on October 15th? I am also interested in attending!

heikojr
"Human life is truly a short affair. It is better to live doing the things that you like. It is foolish to live within this dream of a world seeing unpleasantness and doing only things that you do not like." Yamamoto Tsunetomo

#3 User is offline   danguy 

• Gnarley Old Man
  • Icon

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:39 AM

View Postheikojr, on 26 June 2011 - 04:59 PM, said:

Taigyo,

how do you know it will be on October 15th? I am also interested in attending!

heikojr

Go here: http://www.cencojudo.com/

Then Scroll Upcoming events to 10/15/11.

Click on Fukuda Kata Championships.

Details open in the scroll box.
If I am doing "win," sloppy and sissy is fine; if I am doing Judo, beautiful is my rule and goal. Judo is far more important and rewarding than "win."

"What you are as a person is far more important than what you are as a basketball [Judo] player." --John Wooden 1910-2010

"You should first try to negotiate nicely but you can be strong after there's resistance, and know, just like in judo, when to catch them." --Rusty Kanokogi, 2008, on negotiating.

#4 User is offline   Taigyo 

• Judo Forum Godan
  • Icon

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:04 AM

Thanks Danguy, all I could find before was a line on a calendar. Hope to see you there Heiko

:big grin:

#5 User is offline   Taigyo 

• Judo Forum Godan
  • Icon

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:07 PM

So we have the basic outlines on the website listed above, any more specifics yet? Perhaps even an entry form...........................?

#6 User is offline   danguy 

• Gnarley Old Man
  • Icon

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:02 AM

I received this communication:

Hello Judoka,

The next Kata Clinic has been moved to September 17. It had been scheduled for the prior week.
The kata will be Goshin Jutsu.

There won't be a clinic in October as all our efforts will be going toward the tournament -- see below.
Please consider competing!

Tournament Director Sensei Keiko Fukuda, 10th Dan, and Soko Joshi Judo Club invite you to participate in the 23rd Annual Fukuda Invitational Kata Championship! Competition will take place in all seven Kodokan kata. Competition is open to Women's, Men's and Co-ed teams, both Junior and Senior. An adult novice division has been added for ranks below Shodan.

The tournament will be held on Saturday, October 15, 2011, at City College of San Francisco.

You can access the application by going to our new website: www.sokojoshijudo.com
Or click on this direct link for the PDF: www.sokojoshijudo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/FukudKata2011_App.pdf

For reduced entry fees, register before September 24.

We hope to see you at the tournament!

Regards,
Pam, on behalf of Soko Joshi Judo Club
If I am doing "win," sloppy and sissy is fine; if I am doing Judo, beautiful is my rule and goal. Judo is far more important and rewarding than "win."

"What you are as a person is far more important than what you are as a basketball [Judo] player." --John Wooden 1910-2010

"You should first try to negotiate nicely but you can be strong after there's resistance, and know, just like in judo, when to catch them." --Rusty Kanokogi, 2008, on negotiating.

#7 User is offline   danguy 

• Gnarley Old Man
  • Icon

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:05 AM

View Postdanguy, on 24 August 2011 - 11:02 PM, said:

I received this communication:

Hello Judoka,

The next Kata Clinic has been moved to September 17. It had been scheduled for the prior week.
The kata will be Goshin Jutsu.

There won't be a clinic in October as all our efforts will be going toward the tournament -- see below.
Please consider competing!

Tournament Director Sensei Keiko Fukuda, 10th Dan, and Soko Joshi Judo Club invite you to participate in the 23rd Annual Fukuda Invitational Kata Championship! Competition will take place in all seven Kodokan kata. Competition is open to Women's, Men's and Co-ed teams, both Junior and Senior. An adult novice division has been added for ranks below Shodan.

The tournament will be held on Saturday, October 15, 2011, at City College of San Francisco.

You can access the application by going to our new website: www.sokojoshijudo.com
Or click on this direct link for the PDF: www.sokojoshijudo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/FukudKata2011_App.pdf

For reduced entry fees, register before September 24.

We hope to see you at the tournament!

Regards,
Pam, on behalf of Soko Joshi Judo Club

Sorry, links now installed correctly.

http://www.sokojoshi...ata2011_App.pdf

http://www.sokojoshijudo.com

#8 User is offline   Taigyo 

• Judo Forum Godan
  • Icon

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:33 PM

#9 User is offline   Taigyo 

• Judo Forum Godan
  • Icon

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:24 AM

View PostTaigyo, on 25 August 2011 - 02:33 PM, said:

so who's going?

#10 User is offline   Theodore 

• Judo Forum Gokyu
  • Icon
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:27 PM

View PostTaigyo, on 02 October 2011 - 06:24 PM, said:

so who's going?

Bruno and I will be there competing in 4 Kata.

I understand that there will be several more teams than last year.

Who else is competing.

Regards,
Theodore Schwalm

#11 User is offline   Taigyo 

• Judo Forum Godan
  • Icon

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:12 PM

View PostTheodore, on 11 October 2011 - 07:27 PM, said:

Bruno and I will be there competing in 4 Kata.

I understand that there will be several more teams than last year.

Who else is competing.

Regards,
Theodore Schwalm

Cool, I was beginning to wonder if we would be the only ones.

See you there

:manoyes: :manoyes: :manoyes:

#12 User is offline   danguy 

• Gnarley Old Man
  • Icon

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:40 AM

I will attend, I will not compete.

#13 User is offline   Theodore 

• Judo Forum Gokyu
  • Icon
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:15 AM

View PostTaigyo, on 11 October 2011 - 02:12 PM, said:

Cool, I was beginning to wonder if we would be the only ones.

See you there

:manoyes: :manoyes: :manoyes:

The number are up this year. I have been told that there will be 54 competitors doing a total of 73 Kata. So that will be almost twice as many Kata as last year.

Which Kata will you be doing.

See you there.

Regards,
Theodore Schwalm

This post has been edited by Theodore: 12 October 2011 - 05:19 AM

#14 User is offline   Taigyo 

• Judo Forum Godan
  • Icon

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:46 PM

You will have to wait and see :ph34r:
So that's about 27 pairs doing 2-3 kata each. Of course there are the guys like Heiko and Jeff who basically do them all. I guess you could look at it as 6 kata with around 4 pairs per kata. Which if they split into the 3 divisions would be a little more than 1 pair per kata. Though there are usually a whole bunch of people doing nage no kata, and very few doing itsutsu no kata.
How's that for over-analysis. I imagine they will combine divisions for a few kata as usual. It always seems to me that you only really need 2 divisions, novice and experienced.

Still kind of sad that participation is so low in what is really the #1 Kata competition in the US.

#15 User is offline   danguy 

• Gnarley Old Man
  • Icon

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:27 PM

View PostTaigyo, on 12 October 2011 - 07:46 AM, said:

You will have to wait and see :ph34r:
So that's about 27 pairs doing 2-3 kata each. Of course there are the guys like Heiko and Jeff who basically do them all. I guess you could look at it as 6 kata with around 4 pairs per kata. Which if they split into the 3 divisions would be a little more than 1 pair per kata. Though there are usually a whole bunch of people doing nage no kata, and very few doing itsutsu no kata.
How's that for over-analysis. I imagine they will combine divisions for a few kata as usual. It always seems to me that you only really need 2 divisions, novice and experienced.

Still kind of sad that participation is so low in what is really the #1 Kata competition in the US.

Especially since the competition director is presiding over this for the first time as a Judan. It is not often any Judoka doing anything in Judo can perform before any of the living Judan who want to watch what it is that the Judoka are doing.

This post has been edited by danguy: 12 October 2011 - 06:34 PM

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic