• You cannot reply to this topic

Unorthodox Weapons Salvaging a serious reply to this topic Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   danguy 

• Gnarley Old Man
  • Icon
  • Group: Special Members

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:50 AM

View Postjenneykarl@gitmo.com , on 17 April 2011 - 07:54 PM, said:

There are also several instructional videos which will help you to discover ways to swing a golf club iron. Whether or not you use a video or a reside teacher you need to feel comfortable with your progress. ... is indispensable in your golf MA game. In some cases you will probably find any golfing MMA professional that you do not just like try to make a modification to be able to get better and also feel relaxed in your instruction but also in the actual assualt. Understanding this is indispensable in your golf cage match MMA game.

Understand that to learn how to swing action any golf-club is simple to accomplish but you need to training to get much better. Look for training your local gyms. Buying online can be a great option but sizing can be tricky for consumers. Typically you will have a professional presently there that gives training and sizing advise at the gym. You will profit to learn the correct way in order to swing action a golf club iron before you decide to spend hrs on a course doing the work the wrong manner. For additional information and resources, please visit your local MMA Tee shop for advise and direction.

As some of you know I teach weaponless defense. Since this is posted in the Combat and Self Defense Section, I will stay on topic. Golf clubs can be very dangerous. The woods especially. Folks know metal coming fast at them is quite life threatening, but wood gives them a false sense of security. Let me tell you, the wood used is very dense and often capped with a metal plate. Do not fall victim to the false sense of well being that the attacker "only has a wood."

This video will show some basic defenses; several judo or jujitsu based. Note especially the morote gari.

EDIT: I have received several PMs so I will add this gear comment, for a quick one or two on one fights, I prefer the stiffer shank clubs. I have better control and can feel when I have made good contact on my target. If I expect to be fighting for a longer period or multiple attackers, I prefer a club with more shank flex. It is easier on the hands over the long haul, reducing tiring vibration. However, i must adjust my technique for the flex with the first swing and impact. I do like the recoil the shaft adds for my follow up swings. On avoid lower number irons as the can stick in the assailant if not careful and cause club loss. Club retention like gun and knife retention is key to surviving these confrontations.

Lastly, again this is serious, not some armchair internet wishful thinking combat fantasy; this is real life and as you can see here, you have little time to prepare your defense. Luckily, the assailant lost his weapon.

[I had finished composing this serious reply when the original post was deleted as spam. I felt it useful but invite the mod to move this to a different location if appropriate Misc?]

This post has been edited by danguy: 18 April 2011 - 04:59 AM

If I am doing "win," sloppy and sissy is fine; if I am doing Judo, beautiful is my rule and goal. Judo is far more important and rewarding than "win."

"What you are as a person is far more important than what you are as a basketball [Judo] player." --John Wooden 1910-2010

"You should first try to negotiate nicely but you can be strong after there's resistance, and know, just like in judo, when to catch them." --Rusty Kanokogi, 2008, on negotiating.

#2 User is offline   NBK 

• Just happy to be here....
  • Icon

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:20 AM

Did you post the original on Apr 1? :hap:

柔能制剛 - 弱能制強
黄石公三略 上略

#3 User is offline   danguy 

• Gnarley Old Man
  • Icon

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:23 AM

View PostNBK, on 17 April 2011 - 10:20 PM, said:

Did you post the original on Apr 1? :hap:

No it came in with links to certain golf club web sites. Four such spam posting were placed, this one with the deleted link was placed in this topic. Do note I modified the address to "@gitmo.com."

The videos are a fun watch, the second being fully real rather than a teaching video as was the first.

This post has been edited by danguy: 23 May 2011 - 05:46 AM

If I am doing "win," sloppy and sissy is fine; if I am doing Judo, beautiful is my rule and goal. Judo is far more important and rewarding than "win."

"What you are as a person is far more important than what you are as a basketball [Judo] player." --John Wooden 1910-2010

"You should first try to negotiate nicely but you can be strong after there's resistance, and know, just like in judo, when to catch them." --Rusty Kanokogi, 2008, on negotiating.

#4 User is offline   ThePieman 

• Judo Forum Sandan
  • Icon

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:12 PM

I have seen it happen more than once!

I have ducked under, and caught flying golf clubs.

I have watched my dad rip his tripod stand from his bag and throw it in a lake!

I think it's the fact that a whole days golf can be ruined by one sdon't

I dont subscribe to that mentality, it just makes everything worse; I just smile and get on with it.

I too prefer a stiff shaft (snigger, snigger) ,and a softer forged head, you cant beat Mizuno for a forged club.

http://judo.forumsmotion.com/

"It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer"
Albert Einstein."jinsei no koro wa tada itsu aru nomi" Jigoro Kano"You wanna roll? Posted Image" WBWAndering

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic