JudoForum.com: EJU organises Kodokan Kata course in Europe - JudoForum.com

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

EJU organises Kodokan Kata course in Europe Kodokan Kata seminar in Zagreb Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   mro sandan 

• Judo Forum Nidan
  • Icon
  • Group: Special Members

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:53 PM

View Postjack 88, on 21 January 2011 - 11:38 PM, said:

We have in the Netherlands a man who wants to get his 8th dan and probly won't be there, but will get his info and diploms in another way.

Well Jack, so what's new in the JBN huh? What can you do about it. Politics politics. Hmmm.

As long as he does not invent another "old and long forgotten important kata type" AGAIN, then I think we are still OK.
We do not need a third stream in the Dan grade examination program hahahahaha.....

What can I say Jack. One gets what one deserves. The JBN apparently deserves those type of guys. It has never been anyway else.

#17 User is offline   mro sandan 

• Judo Forum Nidan
  • Icon

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:00 PM

View Postjack 88, on 25 January 2011 - 11:06 PM, said:

There are to many people to learn things not for doing it, but for getting something. I train kata for fun, not for my next diplom or grade. I also know i'm not up to date. But if somebody wants to keep up to date of kodokan kata, then he's got to be at all kodokan meetings, because everywere you'll hear new things. If you don't, then stop talking.

One would expect though, that such a well financed and structured organization as the JBN would have someone available that exactly would do that: be at all Kodokan meetings, and spread the word afterwards in The Netherlands, for instance on kadertrainingen for kata ?
In stead, we believe what we want to believe and allow promotion to sho-Dan showing a kata that is acknowledged nowhere else in the world.
How logical is that?

#18 User is offline   JFTW 

• Judo Forum Nidan
  • Icon

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:04 PM

This seminar has started today. View photos

It seems Kodokan sensei in attendance are: UEMURA Haruki, MATSUSHITA Saburo, SATO Tadashi, FUKUSHIMA Michio, SAMESHIMA Motonari, DOBA Yoshihisa, MUKAI Mikihiro, SHOSHIDA Kenichi, IURA Yoshihiko, OTSUJI Hirofumi, KOMATA Koji, FUJITA Shinro, MURATA Naoki, MURAKAMI Kiyoshi

EJU delegation present at seminar consists of: SOLOVEYCHIK Sergey (EJU president), CAPELLETTI Franco, LASCAU Daniel, GALEA Envic, EGOROV Roman, MOLEV Ivan and D ARCANGELO Cataldo.

#19 User is offline   Jonesy 

• Judo Forum Godan
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:13 PM

Good reports here:

http://www.judo.no/d...74702&file=1421
Dr Llyr C Jones

#20 User is offline   wdax 

• Judo Forum Nidan
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:43 PM

I like the initiative about kata in the nordic countries. There is a community growing and there are dedicated people working hard and trying to increase the level of kata. They cooperate and publish a kata-magazine! There is something of the spirit we had from the 1950s to the 1970s - and that makes me optimistic!

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic