JudoForum.com: Kentucky Kata Clinic by Japan Masters Judo Assoc. - JudoForum.com

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Kentucky Kata Clinic by Japan Masters Judo Assoc. Saturday August 21, 2010 Univ of Kentucky Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Senior Chief Judo 

• Judo Forum Gokyu
  • Icon
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:42 AM

To let everyone know who will be in the area and who can make it this weekend coming up, Saturday August 21, 2010. The Japan Masters Judo Association will be conducting a Kata clinic at the University of Kentucky in Lexington. The clinic will be at the loft above the gymnasium right beside the bookstore at the University.

The Japanese will be coming from Montreal after just having competed in the World masters Judo championships. They are coming to Kentucky at their own expense, they are touring Kentucky at my invitation and are graciously offering this training for only $20, and they've never asked for anything in return. THe fees will go to reimburse them for Kentucky related expenses they incur and for a tour of the Eastern area of the Bluegrass state.

The cost will be very nominal $20 per person, and will run from 9am to 2pm. We are planning to have a certified Kata examiner available for those who want to obtain kata certification.

Everyone is invited and we will accomodate all, a complete Judo gi is required white or blue. No Karate or Jujitsu gi's please, last year we had a problem with some people not wearing proper attire and were turned away. We want to make a good impression, after all would you attempt to enter the Kodokan in a Karate gi or Jujitsu gi? And hope to learn Judo?

And one last thing, last year we had a great time and everyone commented on the quality of instruction and it was great as well. And we had a Sayonara party the evening after the clinic but only a few showed up.

THis year we are having the Sayonara party once again at the Hyatt Regency downtown Lexington at 7pm, I would really like to have a big turnout and thank the Japanese masters for presenting this clinic. You can let us know at the clinic if you will be attending the party.
THanks,
SC Judo
"Good people sleep peacefully in their bed's at night because there are brave men and women who volunteer to Go In Harms Way and ask for little in return".

#2 User is offline   herb mowery 

• Judo Forum Yonkyu
  • Icon
  • Group: Special Members

Posted 18 December 2010 - 04:30 PM

Senior chief;
Hey herb here just i would drop a line and see if sensei would be coming back to kentucy this year as to make plans to be there way ahead so not hold things up or upset anybody this year for my abscents -i would also like to request a copy of a dvd of past years events to practice with and to take notes from for our judoka here in southern ohio please.
Have a great holidays and i hope to both hear from you and see you soon in coming year sensei;
Sincerely-
Herb

This post has been edited by herb mowery: 18 December 2010 - 04:31 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic