#2 User is offline   Cichorei Kano 

• Judo Forum Hachidan
  • Icon
  • Group: Special Members

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:13 PM

View Postdz2bb, on 04 April 2010 - 04:39 PM, said:

original unused Canon of Judo Mifune hardcover-judo gi cover

How 'bout $3,500 ? (I guess you now want me to PM you ...) <_<
"The world is a republic of mediocrities, and always was." (Thomas Carlyle)
"Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
"Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)
"I am never wrong. Once I thought I was, and that was a mistake."

#3 User is offline   Jonesy 

• Judo Forum Godan
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:50 PM

Do you mean original (ie first) edition or simply not the recent revised reprint?
Dr Llyr C Jones

#4 User is offline   dz2bb 

• Judo Forum Rokkyu
  • Icon
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:19 PM

View PostJonesy, on 04 April 2010 - 12:50 PM, said:

Do you mean original (ie first) edition or simply not the recent revised reprint?

original from '50's. still in original box

#5 User is offline   dz2bb 

• Judo Forum Rokkyu
  • Icon

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:21 PM

View PostCichorei Kano, on 04 April 2010 - 12:13 PM, said:

How 'bout $3,500 ? (I guess you now want me to PM you ...) <_<

what does PM mean? also have kodokan judo books. orignal hardcover, 1955 has only 40 go kyo no waza

#6 User is offline   Mitesco 

• Judo Forum Godan
  • Icon
  • View blog

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:24 PM

OP: To make things clear: do you want to sell or buy?

#7 User is offline   dz2bb 

• Judo Forum Rokkyu
  • Icon

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:54 PM

View PostMitesco, on 07 April 2010 - 02:24 PM, said:

OP: To make things clear: do you want to sell or buy?

selling

#8 User is offline   Cichorei Kano 

• Judo Forum Hachidan
  • Icon

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:01 PM

View Postdz2bb, on 08 April 2010 - 03:21 AM, said:

what does PM mean? also have kodokan judo books. orignal hardcover, 1955 has only 40 go kyo no waza

I believe the English version of the Canon was only printed in English for the first time in 1956 (the Japanese one in 1955). You will have to provide proof of the correct edition by providing a scan of the page in the back that has the stamps glued on the page.

Also, the value of your book depends on whether there are markings in it or not, and how complete the book is. Does the book also has the dust jacket (plastic with a green part); this goes OVER the gi-cover ? Does it have the cardboard slipcase to come with it ? If you want serious buyers, you will need to put the effort into carefully providing this information.

To 'PM' someone, means to make use of the JudoForum's Personal Messaging system, a sort of internal E-mail system without E-mail addresses that allows people to conduct semi-private conversations. -_-

This post has been edited by Cichorei Kano: 07 April 2010 - 08:01 PM

"Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
"Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)

#9 User is offline   dz2bb 

• Judo Forum Rokkyu
  • Icon

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:03 AM

View PostCichorei Kano, on 07 April 2010 - 03:01 PM, said:

I believe the English version of the Canon was only printed in English for the first time in 1956 (the Japanese one in 1955). You will have to provide proof of the correct edition by providing a scan of the page in the back that has the stamps glued on the page.

Also, the value of your book depends on whether there are markings in it or not, and how complete the book is. Does the book also has the dust jacket (plastic with a green part); this goes OVER the gi-cover ? Does it have the cardboard slipcase to come with it ? If you want serious buyers, you will need to put the effort into carefully providing this information.

To 'PM' someone, means to make use of the JudoForum's Personal Messaging system, a sort of internal E-mail system without E-mail addresses that allows people to conduct semi-private conversations. -_-

i can do all that. i didnt have book in front of me-missed date by one year. its english. yes has dust jacket and cardboard. no marks never been used. some never opened, especially [more]early kodokan judo books. have more of those. brand new type or mint if you will

#10 User is offline   dz2bb 

• Judo Forum Rokkyu
  • Icon

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:56 PM

View PostCichorei Kano, on 07 April 2010 - 03:01 PM, said:

Have to figure out how to do all stuff-find pm on site add pictures. but believe me books are here

#11 User is offline   Cichorei Kano 

• Judo Forum Hachidan
  • Icon

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:02 PM

View Postdz2bb, on 10 April 2010 - 05:56 AM, said:

Have to figure out how to do all stuff-find pm on site add pictures. but believe me books are here

When you post a message or reply to one, there are buttons at the bottom of the page. When you click 'browse', you can look for where the picture is located on your computer which you want to attach. Ater defining that file, click "attach this file". The file is now attached, but you still have to add it in somewhere in your post, so you have to position your cursor somewhere in your post and then click another button which I think is called something like "position here" or similar ...

#12 User is offline   dz2bb 

• Judo Forum Rokkyu
  • Icon

Posted 10 April 2010 - 01:47 AM

View PostCichorei Kano, on 09 April 2010 - 04:02 PM, said:

When you post a message or reply to one, there are buttons at the bottom of the page. When you click 'browse', you can look for where the picture is located on your computer which you want to attach. Ater defining that file, click "attach this file". The file is now attached, but you still have to add it in somewhere in your post, so you have to position your cursor somewhere in your post and then click another button which I think is called something like "position here" or similar ...

maybe sun 4-11. late tonight already, tomorrow have shiai. thnx

#13 User is offline   dz2bb 

• Judo Forum Rokkyu
  • Icon

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:48 AM

sorry. moved. looking for book. promise-in house somewhere

You want to be more careful with books that are worth thousands of dollars.

its around not trashed in garage etc. probably put in safe place so safei forgot.

#14 User is offline   dz2bb 

• Judo Forum Rokkyu
  • Icon

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:50 PM

Have found books. have mifune books 1956 translated by k. sugai. also original hardcover Kodokan Judo books. Copyright 1955 my issues 1964. old hardcover, 40 go kyu no waza only [and rest of waza, kata etc. of course]not new edition with soft cover and 60 throws. will begin takinfg pics tonite

#15 User is offline   rokudan 

• Judo Forum Sankyu
  • Icon

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:34 PM

View Postdz2bb, on 01 August 2010 - 10:50 PM, said:

Have found books. have mifune books 1956 translated by k. sugai. also original hardcover Kodokan Judo books. Copyright 1955 my issues 1964. old hardcover, 40 go kyu no waza only [and rest of waza, kata etc. of course]not new edition with soft cover and 60 throws. will begin takinfg pics tonite

http://www.fotosearc...51/k0510362.jpg

:lol:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic