JudoForum.com: Ju no Kata - JudoForum.com

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ju no Kata 2009 JFA Nationals Canberra, Australia - All critique welcomed Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   FIONN 

• Judo Forum Rokkyu
  • Icon
  • Group: Full Members

Post icon  Posted 05 July 2009 - 12:11 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=EqB2vwGa7gM

#2 User is offline   Yokoyama 

• Judo Forum Nidan
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Special Members

Posted 05 July 2009 - 02:34 PM

View PostFIONN, on Jul 5 2009, 04:41 PM, said:

Wow very nice..:manoyes:
Sweat more in training so you bleed less in battle
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Skins Sports Website

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Visit my Judo Website
My other web site

#3 User is offline   Blind Dog 

• Judo Forum Yonkyu
  • Icon

Posted 05 July 2009 - 05:11 PM

Fifi,
Very nice, I guess? All I saw was a link...? Did you want feed back or a "pat on the back"? Is this you or someone you know, and how long have they been doing it? What tournament was this from? We need more than a link....

OK, I will say this... "investigate Obi tori", the "Ju" is completely absent. Uke is bending at the waist before each of the 5 lifts, but the lifts look good except the ura nage (uke has weird posture). Overall, Uke has more issues than tori, mostly technical stuff nothing major (dragging back foot in Tsuki dashi and the bending before the lifts, etc). I have more, but I reserve my comments til I know why you posted this.
Thanks,
Brun . ブルーノ
Blind Dog 3D Designs 盲目の犬 三視点 家
blinddog3d@hotmail.com
3rd Person Production Studios 三人称 生産 倉庫
mekura.no.inu@gmail.com

"If it hits the ground, it goes to the hound."
- Blind Dog Fulton

#4 User is offline   FIONN 

• Judo Forum Rokkyu
  • Icon

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:30 AM

Definately after feedback! The more the better.
The tournament was the 2009 Judo Federation of Australia National titles held in Canberra.
I know both competitors well.
Tori hasn't competed in Ju no Kata in around 10 years and this was Uke's first Kata tournament.
I didn't post any real detail in the hope of getting feedback not coloured by rank or experience.
Thankyou for your comments so far, they are very much appreciated.

#5 User is offline   Cichorei Kano 

• Judo Forum Hachidan
  • Icon

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:51 AM

View PostFIONN, on Jul 5 2009, 09:11 PM, said:

Competing in kata requires quite an investment. Senior forum members are aware of the time you put into this, as well as the difficulty of the exercise. We respect that. I do not know if you really want me or other senior forum members to publicly dissect your performance. I think it is very brave of you to ask so, but you must reflect if that is what you really want. I sometimes post performances to make people think and help their development. I also may critique performances, if there is disagreement or the order of the winners is questioned, or when kata judges make a mess of it. Past experiences have made myself and other senior sensei reluctant to critique performances in the open, because it often leads to angry reactions in the sense of being accused of being negative, or irrelevant questions as "can you do it better yourself".

If you really want me to critique your performance, very well, but do know what you are getting yourself into. Even if a performance is absolutely outstanding, the majority of the words are spent on things which need improvement, hence there is always an imbalance in such comments. Again, my respect and appreciation for your commitment.
"The world is a republic of mediocrities, and always was." (Thomas Carlyle)
"Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
"Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)
"I am never wrong. Once I thought I was, and that was a mistake."

#6 User is offline   FIONN 

• Judo Forum Rokkyu
  • Icon

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:31 AM

View PostCichorei Kano, on Jul 6 2009, 06:51 PM, said:

Competing in kata requires quite an investment. Senior forum members are aware of the time you put into this, as well as the difficulty of the exercise. We respect that. I do not know if you really want me or other senior forum members to publicly dissect your performance. I think it is very brave of you to ask so, but you must reflect if that is what you really want. I sometimes post performances to make people think and help their development. I also may critique performances, if there is disagreement or the order of the winners is questioned, or when kata judges make a mess of it. Past experiences have made myself and other senior sensei reluctant to critique performances in the open, because it often leads to angry reactions in the sense of being accused of being negative, or irrelevant questions as "can you do it better yourself".

If you really want me to critique your performance, very well, but do know what you are getting yourself into. Even if a performance is absolutely outstanding, the majority of the words are spent on things which need improvement, hence there is always an imbalance in such comments. Again, my respect and appreciation for your commitment.

Indeed it is an investment, but well and truly worth it. Thick skin and a willingness to listen is, I think, vital to learning. As I said before all comments are welcome. There was limited feedback for players after the event and unfortunately some of the more learned sensei (kata-wise) were not present at the tournament.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic