#91 User is offline   fredlinux 

• Judo Forum Nikyu
  • Icon
  • Group: Special Members

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:04 PM

View PostHanon, on Oct 2 2008, 02:20 PM, said:

Good afternoon Fredlilux,

How is the weather in sunny Brazil?

May I make an observation or two regarding your comments to CKSensei? I have no right to do so but I hope you will accept my concern.

Summer is coming and each day is hotter :hap:

I live in northeast of the country where the weather is sunny almost all the year.

For this matter I don't agree with you. For me, posts are public and property of the community. You don't have to write, but if do so you can't regret.

Fred

#92 User is offline   Mitesco 

• Judo Forum Godan
  • Icon
  • View blog

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:11 PM

Mr Fredlinux,

You are seriously interested in kata, I understand. Do you agree we have a great thread here, and even if we have minor critical points about some posts concerning the way we could share our common enthusiasm with other kata lovers like you (and me), even then we could just leave those remarks behind, just not to let this thread end in such a painful discussion?

For me it's like listening to a wonderful concert of Chopin, and let your cellphone ring with a poptune at the final chord. Embarrasing... :sad(

Perhaps you'd better express gratitude for the contributors sharing their valuable knowledge with you and me.

Rei :manoyes:

#93 User is offline   wdax 

• Judo Forum Nidan
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:50 PM

View Postfinarashi, on Oct 2 2008, 10:13 AM, said:

wdax, I don't agree with you at all.

I have read your comments and found nothing, which I woudn´t agree.... maybe you (and me) review my post again and find out, where ist the missunderstanding?

#94 User is offline   Inferus 

• Judo Sponge
  • Icon

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:29 PM

View PostHanon, on Oct 2 2008, 03:13 PM, said:

Please do nothing with the posts given to this forum, they are in the forum and not for publication in any other form.

You have my word that the only reproduction I will do is to create my own print outs and nothing more. I can see your point in that you do not want me to distribute your posts as they are incase they have errors you would like to change at a later date. :)

Fredlinux, I was only speaking regarding Hanon-sensei. I do not know CK-sensei well enough to go ahead and take his musings and put them into some form of publication, even if it is only a simple guide which would only serve as free reading.

Hanon-sensei, your humility is astounding! :-)

#95 User is offline   Hanon 

• Judo Forum Shichidan
  • Icon

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:41 PM

View Postwdax, on Oct 2 2008, 09:50 PM, said:

I have read your comments and found nothing, which I woudn´t agree.... maybe you (and me) review my post again and find out, where ist the missunderstanding?

I thought that also. I read and re read both your posts and they do seem to be in tangent, how odd? I guess you two could have a good debate about agreeing with each other lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike

This post has been edited by Hanon: 02 October 2008 - 10:45 PM

#96 User is offline   CSS 

• Judo Forum Rokkyu
  • Icon
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:14 AM

Hanon,

Sometimes I wonder why I have not understood what my Sensei has been trying to teach me. Too many things distracting me might be the reason.

On this forum you are among peers?

Only you can decide that.

CSS

#97 User is offline   PointyShinyBurning 

• Judo Forum Sandan
  • Icon

Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:29 AM

Copyright is over words, not facts. Unless CK is posting parts of his book verbatim on the forum, there would be no legal obstacle to him conveying the same or similar information in a different form. Absent, that is, some specific exclusivity provision in his contract which would be highly unusual.

#98 User is offline   Jonesy 

• Judo Forum Godan
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 03 October 2008 - 12:03 PM

For the avoidance of all doubt I will state for the record that I will not accommodate violations of copyright and/or intellectual property in the kata area. Any links to material which has been pirated or reproduced without reference to the original source will be deleted. I have done this already for the pirated videos of Ochiai-sensei's kata demonstrations.
Dr Llyr C Jones

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked