Waiting for comments!

#2 User is offline   fireems343 

• Judo Forum Ikkyu
  • Icon
  • Group: Special Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:07 PM

View Postwdax, on Aug 6 2008, 12:14 PM, said:

Waiting for comments!

oooo salsa... i like to dance... lol... no seriously we do something a little similar at my dojo as a warm up, minus the akward dancing motions but the part where he went for seoi nage and stopped with uke in the air and you use their resistance as mutual benefit, it is an insane workout believe it or not and we also do it with Osoto gari with tori fitting in for the throw and doing the motion to throw and uke resists and you hold it for about 5 or 10 seconds, we call it JUIDO, it is a judo based excersise routine and its no joke...I know that people are going to laugh, but until you have experienced it you couldn't possibly understand... My sensei Robert Spraley invented juido and has even been published on the system, he is also a comittee member on a few of the USJA boards... You can get a very VERY minor overview of it at www.kodokwan.com but its just not the same until you experience it... and no juido is no judo mispelled...lol...

#3 User is offline   kanojujitsu 

• Judo Forum Godan
  • Icon

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:14 PM

View Postfireems343, on Aug 6 2008, 06:07 PM, said:

oooo salsa... i like to dance... lol... no seriously we do something a little similar at my dojo as a warm up, minus the akward dancing motions but the part where he went for seoi nage and stopped with uke in the air and you use their resistance as mutual benefit, it is an insane workout believe it or not and we also do it with Osoto gari with tori fitting in for the throw and doing the motion to throw and uke resists and you hold it for about 5 or 10 seconds, we call it JUIDO, it is a judo based excersise routine and its no joke...I know that people are going to laugh, but until you have experienced it you couldn't possibly understand... My sensei Robert Spraley invented juido and has even been published on the system, he is also a comittee member on a few of the USJA boards... You can get a very VERY minor overview of it at www.kodokwan.com but its just not the same until you experience it... and no juido is no judo mispelled...lol...

well........ this is called Ju no...............you know? :P

#4 User is offline   Kelly 

• Judo Forum Ikkyu
  • Icon
  • Group: Validating

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:41 PM

It's a bit slower than what I've generally seen - they also seemed to hold one speed until the Naname, and then speed up - and slow down - several times. They did have some nice work in there though.

Who is the pair?

#5 User is offline   wdax 

• Judo Forum Nidan
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:05 PM

View PostKelly, on Aug 6 2008, 09:41 PM, said:

It's a bit slower than what I've generally seen - they also seemed to hold one speed until the Naname, and then speed up - and slow down - several times. They did have some nice work in there though.

Who is the pair?

I don´t know..... I just found it on YouTube....

#6 User is offline   kanojujitsu 

• Judo Forum Godan
  • Icon

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:05 PM

A little slow, and lacks the "alive" feel, also, don't you tap out diring submissions?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic