• You cannot reply to this topic

Mad About Refereeing? under my name and naming names Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

#1 User is offline   Rondadori 

• Judo Forum Gokyu
  • Icon
  • Group: Special Members

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:58 PM

My mom has a saying "Physical courage is the easy kind"

So lets see how many people get mad at me this time.

Everyone's in a rage over the refereeing from the trials. Well who's in charge of awarding ref ranks? Who is everyone sucking up to and making calls according to his preference?

Non other than Fletcher - "the alleged" molester - Thornton
Posted Image
Yeah I said it! I'll get real consequeses for putting that out there but I don't care. Everyone was up in arms about Daniel Doyle, but USA judo didnt bat and eyelash at Fletcher Thornton's DOZENS of documented accusations of molesting young girls. One of our "A" referees even covered his eyes and refused to look at the police reports these girls filed.

And if you're a mod thinking of deleting this - yes this isn't small talk about "my first ukemi" but these issues need to be discussed. This is playing with the safety and careers of our athletes.

How is this man still allowed to be in the same VENUE of our athletes let alone protected by USAjudo and kept in an extremely influential position?

So yeah, this could be deleted pretty quick, so whatever I'll repost it on my OWN website, rondarousey.net
but I am personally outraged that this man is toying with the fates of our players, I'm sure my fellow athletes that got cheated out of their team slot - not to mention their family and friends would feel the same way. Or the young girls he "allegedly" molested, their families, and their friends !
No, I didn't get cheated - mostly because I never gave them a chance too - but I feel like I'm one of the few people in a good position to say something about it. I'm already on the team - try to stop me now!

If this man is not removed from office and banned for attending any and all USAjudo events by the time the olympics are over; I will NEVER renew my USJI membership or support anything to do with that organization again. And I would encourage my family, friends, and teammates to do the same.

Okay you can take you punches at me now, I'm braced and can take a hell of a hit.

**Please note I have said "allegedly" to prevent being libelous***

This post has been edited by Rondadori: 20 June 2008 - 04:31 PM

#2 User is offline   Judoheidi 

• Judo Forum Godan
  • Icon

Posted 20 June 2008 - 03:13 PM

Hey Ronda,
Can you please provide links to the documents you a referencing? Thanks!
Live every day like you are dying of a contagious disease that turns people into zombies when you bite them.

www.denverjudo.com

#3 User is offline   Francois 

• Judo Forum Rokudan
  • Icon

Posted 20 June 2008 - 03:13 PM

I have no issues with the above post. Why he is still allowed to remain in USA Judo is a question I've been asking for a long time.
"The arts of peace and the arts of war are like two wheels of a cart which, lacking one, will have difficulty in standing."�Kuroda Nagamasa (1568-1623)

"In battle, if you you make your opponent flinch, you have already won." --- Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)

#4 User is offline   Rondadori 

• Judo Forum Gokyu
  • Icon

Posted 20 June 2008 - 03:15 PM

I'll get them from my mom as soon as she wakes up, the documents were sent anonymously to the house of almost every major name in usa judo in 2005

#5 User is offline   stacey 

• damnum absque injuria
  • Icon
  • View blog

Posted 20 June 2008 - 03:18 PM

Good for you!

This stuff needs to come out and get addressed. That's half the reason everybody was up in arms about Doyle - he was not only named and charged (in criminal court, no less), but the newspapers picked up the story. It becomes easy to condemn when the light of day is shined on these types of misdeeds. Unfortunately, Thorton has not had this experience. US Judo may have received complaints, but we can't get access to any of it. No paper has yet to dig in and run with it, and no jurisdiction has had the guts to charge him. I look forward to this stuff finally coming out. If Thorton is innocent, he should want the complaints brought out so they can be examined and condemned by true scrutiny. Instead, it's been buried. All we get is rumor, innuendo, and USJI putting its stamp of approval on this man without addressing the issues.Let's see 1. how long this stays up, 2. whether this triggers anything positive from JI.

Oh, and great job at the trials.

View PostRondadori, on Jun 20 2008, 10:15 AM, said:

I'll get them from my mom as soon as she wakes up, the documents were sent anonymously to the house of almost every major name in usa judo in 2005
+1

This post has been edited by stacey: 20 June 2008 - 03:18 PM

Disclaimer

Please note, the above provided information does not constitute legal advice but is written for entertainment purposes only. The author is not responsible should you pursue any of the above, and by reading the above, you agree to hold the author, the forum, and any and all other entity including but not limited to God harmless for any damage, monetary or otherwise, caused by your pursuit. Yadda Yadda....

#6 User is offline   Rondadori 

• Judo Forum Gokyu
  • Icon

Posted 20 June 2008 - 03:29 PM

For those of you who want to see the documents themselves write me at my personal account rondarousey@gmail.com and I will send them to you.

His threats of suing people for talking has worked in the past but I can't be sued for private correspondence.

#7 User is offline   ElvisTorino 

• Judo Forum Sandan
  • Icon
  • View blog

Posted 20 June 2008 - 03:37 PM

GO RONDA!

(I feel like your cheerleader!)

#8 User is offline   Mdrnsamurai 

• Judo Forum Yondan
  • Icon

Posted 20 June 2008 - 03:42 PM

I have no issues with the above post. Why he is still allowed to remain in USA Judo is a question I've been asking for a long time.

You guys are so off base talking about the co-founder of US Judo. :lol:

So lets see how many people get mad at me this time.

Actually quite proud, if you need to ask.

This is one of the big problems in US Judo, people are to afraid to kick someone in the @$$ and tell them where to go until it's too late. Well guess what? It's never too late.

Good Luck in Beijing! Make us Proud!

Train Hard, Stay Safe,
Good Luck
"There is no boundary in the way of flexibility, and the heart shall see no enemy." Mifune, Kyuzo 10th Dan

"It's about heart above all." Saito, Hitoshi 7th Dan

"The technique and mind are just like the front and back of one’s hand, meaning they are very closely related." Yamashita, Yoshiaki 10th Dan

"First learn to become invincible, then wait for yours enemy's moment of vulnerability." Sun Tzu

"If you don’t lose, you will eventually win." Helio Gracie

Bronx Martial Arts Academy

現代武士

#9 User is offline   stacey 

• damnum absque injuria
  • Icon
  • View blog

Posted 20 June 2008 - 03:42 PM

View PostRondadori, on Jun 20 2008, 10:29 AM, said:

For those of you who want to see the documents themselves write me at my personal account rondarousey@gmail.com and I will send them to you.

His threats of suing people for talking has worked in the past but I can't be sued for private correspondence.

um, truth is always a defense to defamation.

However, if he's threatened to sue before, he can still threaten. Defamation occurs when you publish something to another, i.e. communicate something to another. So, the former employer who calls up your new employer and says something about you having typhoid when in fact you don't have typhoid has published a falsity for the sake of defamation. It really doesn't have to be published front page of the New York Times.

Just a caution. Remember, truth is on your side, but that doesn't prevent him from being an a55 and trying to sue you.
Disclaimer

Please note, the above provided information does not constitute legal advice but is written for entertainment purposes only. The author is not responsible should you pursue any of the above, and by reading the above, you agree to hold the author, the forum, and any and all other entity including but not limited to God harmless for any damage, monetary or otherwise, caused by your pursuit. Yadda Yadda....

#10 User is offline   annmaria 

• Dr.
  • Icon

Posted 20 June 2008 - 03:45 PM

I believe the truth is a defense in court.

1. Affidavits regarding Fletcher were mailed to nearly every state governing body president, the offices of the national organizations and many others. I did not know who mailed it.

2. I personally called the person who had signed one letter firing Fletcher from his job. I asked him if the documents were authentic, e.g., did he really write this letter. Incidentally, he took me about 10 seconds to find this guy's phone number on the Internet. That's how hard it is to track down these people. He told me he did indeed write the letter. I asked why criminal charges were not pursued and he said that Fletcher had left the state and moved to Alaska. In fact, Fletcher did move to Alaska at that time.

3. I personally called one of the girls (now a woman) named as a victim by other victims. I told her that her name was mentioned in these affidavits. She said yes it did happen and followed up with a written statement. I forwarded this to two judo organizations that opened ethics investigations. Since I am not on either of those ethics committees, I do not know the status of those investigations. I know she was considering a civil suit and was on a couple of calls providing testimony. I keep records of that.

4. I have mentioned this to people in USJI many times. They say that they did an investigation. I was never called as a witness and, in fact when I received these affidavits years latter I was aghast that the organization had known about this. I called and demanded to know why they never took any action and offered to provide supporting evidence. I was told that since I was not physically in the room, the girls only told me about it, that it is only hearsay.One of the victims who I spoke with also said that she was never contacted by USJI to this day. We were on many teams together. Neither of us were hard to find if they wanted to do an investigation.

So, these are all facts for which I do have supporting documents. Some people say that it was a long time ago, so it is okay. The Catholic church doesn't take that stance any more and I don't think we should either.

#11 User is offline   stacey 

• damnum absque injuria
  • Icon
  • View blog

Posted 20 June 2008 - 03:58 PM

View Postannmaria, on Jun 20 2008, 10:45 AM, said:

So, these are all facts for which I do have supporting documents. Some people say that it was a long time ago, so it is okay. The Catholic church doesn't take that stance any more and I don't think we should either.

Agreed.

Further, the Catholic Church has allowed for the prosecution of its offending priests, and has defrocked others for who the Statute of Limitations has expired.
Disclaimer

#12 User is offline   Judoheidi 

• Judo Forum Godan
  • Icon

Posted 20 June 2008 - 03:59 PM

Thank you AnnMaria and Ronda!! This stuff needs to be brought to the public and addressed! Perhaps, now that we have a new CEO (albeit one that many on this forum seem to want to fire), we can get a new investigation started....
Live every day like you are dying of a contagious disease that turns people into zombies when you bite them.

www.denverjudo.com

#13 User is offline   Cichorei Kano 

• Judo Forum Hachidan
  • Icon

Posted 20 June 2008 - 04:06 PM

I cannot comment on the merit of these accusations, as I have no data or records of it.

However, I do know that F.T. has been in control of much of what happens in the JI, including the fate of refs., and he won't resist trying to get those who have spoken out here, so far I know. I thus truly hope that these accusations can be supported and substantiated (I am not suggesting they can't, I simply have no knowledge of them), and that indeed in case he is guilty of these, that he will be brought to justice, so the JI stable can finally be cleaned out with new, competent people in charge. There truly is no place in judo, much less in a managing position for someone who would be guilty of molesting. I wish those courageous judoists who have spoken out here on the forum, strength and perseverance, and that you may achieve your objectives.
"The world is a republic of mediocrities, and always was." (Thomas Carlyle)
"Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
"Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)
"I am never wrong. Once I thought I was, and that was a mistake."

#14 User is offline   kodokanjudo 

• Judo Forum Godan
  • Icon

Posted 20 June 2008 - 04:29 PM

View Postannmaria, on Jun 20 2008, 03:45 PM, said:

I believe the truth is a defense in court.

1. Affidavits regarding Fletcher were mailed to nearly every state governing body president, the offices of the national organizations and many others. I did not know who mailed it.

2. I personally called the person who had signed one letter firing Fletcher from his job. I asked him if the documents were authentic, e.g., did he really write this letter. Incidentally, he took me about 10 seconds to find this guy's phone number on the Internet. That's how hard it is to track down these people. He told me he did indeed write the letter. I asked why criminal charges were not pursued and he said that Fletcher had left the state and moved to Alaska. In fact, Fletcher did move to Alaska at that time.

3. I personally called one of the girls (now a woman) named as a victim by other victims. I told her that her name was mentioned in these affidavits. She said yes it did happen and followed up with a written statement. I forwarded this to two judo organizations that opened ethics investigations. Since I am not on either of those ethics committees, I do not know the status of those investigations. I know she was considering a civil suit and was on a couple of calls providing testimony. I keep records of that.

4. I have mentioned this to people in USJI many times. They say that they did an investigation. I was never called as a witness and, in fact when I received these affidavits years latter I was aghast that the organization had known about this. I called and demanded to know why they never took any action and offered to provide supporting evidence. I was told that since I was not physically in the room, the girls only told me about it, that it is only hearsay.One of the victims who I spoke with also said that she was never contacted by USJI to this day. We were on many teams together. Neither of us were hard to find if they wanted to do an investigation.

His name does not appear on the USJA's "rogue gallery", was he ever a member?
"True Judoka do not follow rank, rank follows true judoka".
anon.

#15 User is offline   BoxingJudoka 

• Judo Forum Godan
  • Icon

Posted 20 June 2008 - 04:48 PM

View Postannmaria, on Jun 20 2008, 09:45 AM, said:

I asked why criminal charges were not pursued and he said that Fletcher had left the state and moved to Alaska. In fact, Fletcher did move to Alaska at that time.

Aren't those federal charges? It seems hard to believe you could avoid charges of that nature simply by moving to a different state ... :huh:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic