• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Judo - animation / choreographer software Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Casper 

• Carolina American Judo Association
  • Icon
  • Group: Special Members

Posted 05 April 2008 - 02:46 PM

Hey guys....I'm looking to create a log of techniques for learning/teaching. Ideally, I'd love to find some software that will allow me to position two figures (tori/uke) into varying positions - grips, foot movement, judo stuff...so that I can break down techniques into small movements...and a series of small movements to create full techniques. Hope that makes sense.

I googled and found an app or two designed for creating dance and/or cheerleading routines..that might work. But I would like to know if anyone has found/used something else? Any free s/w would be even better!
thks
Casper

This post has been edited by Casper: 05 April 2008 - 02:47 PM

#2 User is offline   Joseverson 

• Judo Forum Shodan
  • Icon
  • View blog

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:46 PM

View PostCasper, on Apr 5 2008, 03:46 PM, said:

Hey guys....I'm looking to create a log of techniques for learning/teaching. Ideally, I'd love to find some software that will allow me to position two figures (tori/uke) into varying positions - grips, foot movement, judo stuff...so that I can break down techniques into small movements...and a series of small movements to create full techniques. Hope that makes sense.
I googled and found an app or two designed for creating dance and/or cheereading routines..that might work. But I would like to know if anyone has found/used something else? Any free s/w would be even better!
thks
Casper

Hello Casper.
As much as I know, there are good free programs that make what you want (to position two figures into varying positions), some of them are powerful 3D programs (like GMAX) and others are pretty simple 2D editors., but none of them present "J#&363;dō ready to use" characters.
You would have to create them by yourself.
As for me, I create my own figures drawing them by hand, pass them through scanner and edit the final result to adapt the pics in order to fit my necessities.
我親の死ぬる時にも屁を放きて
山崎宗鑑 (1464-1552)
My BLOG at Judoforum.

#3 User is offline   ElvisTorino 

• Judo Forum Sandan
  • Icon
  • View blog

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:03 PM

View PostJoseverson, on Apr 5 2008, 01:46 PM, said:

Hello Casper.
As much as I know, there are good free programs that make what you want (to position two figures into varying positions), some of them are powerful 3D programs (like GMAX) and others are pretty simple 2D editors., but none of them present "J#&363;dō ready to use" characters.
You would have to create them by yourself.
As for me, I create my own figures drawing them by hand, pass them through scanner and edit the final result to adapt the pics in order to fit my necessities.

Among others is Poser and a couple of others, but as Jose said, none come ready to do judo stuff.

#4 User is offline   Doctor Horrible 

• "Consulting Genius"
  • Icon

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:39 PM

Talk to these folks - maybe they can help you out. http://www.aikido3d....aboutaikido.htm

IIRC, you *can* enter new techniques into it. And if not, ask them when they intend to release a Judo version (as they've made a TKD one already)

This post has been edited by Cap'n tightpants: 05 April 2008 - 11:59 PM

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
---H.L. Mencken

#5 User is offline   Casper 

• Carolina American Judo Association
  • Icon

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:08 PM

Thank you...if I come up with anything worthwhile, I'll be sure to pass it back.

Casper

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic