• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

kata kata videos Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   judo33 

• Judo Forum Yonkyu
  • Icon
  • Group: Special Members

Posted 19 June 2006 - 12:16 AM

Does anyone know of any available kata video's/dvd's other than the Kodokan titles? Some of them are not available on dvd yet and they are all rather expensive. Thanks.

#2 User is offline   Cichorei Kano 

• Judo Forum Hachidan
  • Icon

Posted 19 June 2006 - 06:41 AM

View Postjudo33, on Jun 19 2006, 09:16 AM, said:

Does anyone know of any available kata video's/dvd's other than the Kodokan titles? Some of them are not available on dvd yet and they are all rather expensive. Thanks.

I believe in the media forum URLs have been given for freely available recordings. Of course, you will have to settle for the fact that they will range from ultra-crappy until astounding. My favorite one was the one of Itsutsu-no-kata performed by two long-haired 18-year-olds in blue jdgi ... It was ... eh ... extremely 'inovative'.

If you really want to play a cheap, Greg Fernandez recorded one tape for the JA back in the early 1990s which has 9 kata on it and is available for almost nothing. You have to accept amateur video recording quality as well as the standard of the performance, but it is still a lot for very little.

This post has been edited by Cichorei Kano: 19 June 2006 - 06:41 AM

"The world is a republic of mediocrities, and always was." (Thomas Carlyle)
"Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
"Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)
"I am never wrong. Once I thought I was, and that was a mistake."

#3 User is offline   yodan 

• Judo Forum Rokkyu
  • Icon
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 19 June 2006 - 04:26 PM

View PostCichorei Kano, on Jun 19 2006, 08:41 AM, said:

My favorite one was the one of Itsutsu-no-kata performed by two long-haired 18-year-olds in blue jdgi ... It was ... eh ... extremely 'inovative'.

i have a great imagination, and i believe that everybody would like to see that.
where did you find that :big grin:

#4 User is offline   Francois 

• Judo Forum Rokudan
  • Icon

Posted 19 June 2006 - 06:06 PM

I have a homemade DVD with all the katas on it. PM me and I'll give you the details.
"The arts of peace and the arts of war are like two wheels of a cart which, lacking one, will have difficulty in standing."�Kuroda Nagamasa (1568-1623)

"In battle, if you you make your opponent flinch, you have already won." --- Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)

#5 User is offline   Cichorei Kano 

• Judo Forum Hachidan
  • Icon

Posted 20 June 2006 - 09:42 AM

View Postyodan, on Jun 20 2006, 01:26 AM, said:

i have a great imagination, and i believe that everybody would like to see that.
where did you find that :big grin:

Unfortunately, the video is no longer available for free online. They now SELL it ! However, there are still some pictures left: http://www.budogala....utsuNoKata.html
"The world is a republic of mediocrities, and always was." (Thomas Carlyle)
"Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
"Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)
"I am never wrong. Once I thought I was, and that was a mistake."

#6 User is offline   Mark Feigenbaum 

• Judo Forum Rokkyu
  • Icon
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 20 June 2006 - 09:55 AM

You willl find some great videos, some selling for as much as 70.00 on http://www.youtube.com . For example, people post classic film of Kyuzo Mifune that are up for bid on Ebay.

For about ten to fifteen dollars US less than some site, you will find some great videos at http://www.budogu.com . Most are available on DVD and/or tape but make sure they are fit for consumption.

Anyway, you will find a lot if you are pretty good at searching http://video.google.com .

Mark
Mark F. Feigenbaum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic